Apply to be a Team Mentor!
ActivateNM, powered by ABQid and WESST, seeks mentors for the 2018 pilot cohort. ActivateNM blends an 8-week curriculum, ongoing incubation, rigorous Lean Startup training, and mentorship to accelerate early-stage New Mexico businesses towards key growth milestones.
What is the Role of a Team Mentor?
Team Mentors are experienced entrepreneurs who believe in the Lean Startup approach to building high-growth companies. They want to help build successful NM businesses and are willing to commit their time to the cause by pairing up with one ActivateNM team for 8 weeks.
Team Mentors are expected to bring positive energy and support to their teams; force focus and accountability; tell the truth to their teams even when it's difficult; and share from their experiences to help their team access the knowledge and resources they need to be successful. Team Mentors also spur action among company founders by helping them interpret lessons learned through the program into focused activities for their company. In essence, Team Mentors are an integral part of ActivateNM.
Team mentors agree to:
- Attend a Mentor Mixer event in early October to meet companies and be paired with your best match.
- Attend weekly cohort lunches alongside your company.
- Set and abide by a regular communications cadence with your company. On average, this will take up to 3-hours a week and we recommend daily communication.
- Be responsive to advice-seeking by your company. You also agree to set expectations with your company about when you will and will not be available during a regular week.
- Not solicit renumeration or business of any kind from your company (or any company in the cohort) during the 8-week curriculum period.
What do Team Mentor's receive in return?
Recognition on the ABQid website and social media before and during the program
Recognition from the stage during Demo Day after the 8-week curriculum phase
Free admission to ABQid events including Balloon Pitch and Ski Lift Pitch